What is a Multipurpose/ All-purpose Microwave Oven?
We all know what a Microwave oven means; it is an appliance that cooks food using high-frequency electromagnetic waves called microwaves, a lifesaver for rapid cooking nowadays.
The types and ranges available at the marketplace of microwave ovens can be confusing. At present, the most popular type of microwave is an all-purpose/ multipurpose microwave oven. An all-purpose microwave oven is the one with which you can heat food, plus you can bake and grill with it having both the convection and grill functions.
A microwave oven with a convection function constantly circulates hot air around the food. It cooks faster and browns evenly, which is excellent for baking, roasting, browning and crisping foods. Microwaves with grill function come with a heating element either at the top or the bottom/back, which radiates heat perfect for roasting and grilling.
Are you aware of the Advantages and Drawbacks?
- A multipurpose microwave will dramatically reduce cooking time and saves more nutrients than boiling, steaming, or frying.
- It will save you a lot of kitchen space as you won’t be needing different equipment for grilling or baking.
- They are excellent to use during the summer season because they would not heat your kitchen the way other cooking appliances do.
- Do you know that microwave energy absorbed by the food is converted to heat not to contaminate the food? Thus it is safe to use.
- It is also environmentally friendly as it is used with electricity rather than gas or charcoal.
- Its convection and grill function is perfect for baking and grilling, but there will be some compromise of browning and crisping compared to a traditional electric oven.
- More expensive than standard microwave ovens.
Despite the cons, a multipurpose microwave will be an excellent choice for you as its pros definitely exceed its cons.
How should you take care of it?
Be mindful of the regular maintenance of the microwave oven. No electric gadget is beyond servicing and must be taken good care of. Especially if you are using one single piece of equipment for grilling, baking, plus heating your food, you need to be a tad bit more conscious about its maintenance.
1) Keep the inside and outside clean: If you are grilling/ roasting, a piece of chicken, oil, spices will surely spill up inside the oven. To prevent bad smell and rust, always wipe and clean the inside and outside of it. Use a mild detergent/baking soda/ vinegar once in a while. Still, while cleaning the outside, be careful not to let water or liquid cleaners get between the touchpad and the machine. It is essential for maintaining the hygiene of the food and ensuring better product efficiency.
2) Using microwaveable containers: Be careful about the containers you put in a microwave oven. A huge no to metal and paper bags, plastic bags, or newspapers; instead, use microwave friendly containers.
3) Cover your food: Using a microwave-safe plastic cover/ the lids on your microwave-safe food containers is always a good idea as splashes happen during the microwaving process.
4) Ensure correct placement: Place your beloved oven in a proper place and allow air to circulate freely around it, and avoid crowding it with unnecessary stuff, like a showpiece, crockeries.
5) Be gentle with the door: Don’t smash/ slam it, Don’t push it too hard and never pull the door open while the microwave is running.
Taking care of these simple things will prolong the life of your microwave oven but always call for an expert whenever needed.
What can you cook with it?
There is a vast list of recipes that you can prepare in a multipurpose microwave oven. You can bake a cake, pastry, make biscuits/ cookies or pizza, grill roast, whatnot.
Let’s look at a simple Vegetable Cheese pizza recipe that is super healthy and can make in your multipurpose microwave oven in no time.
All you need is: 01 readymade pizza base/ Prepare your pizza dough, 1/2 tablespoon tomato ketchup, 01 pinch powdered black pepper, 150 gm shredded mozzarella or any cheese you love, 1/2 teaspoon powdered salt
For Toppings: 100 gm chopped onion, 70 gm chopped capsicum, 100 gm chopped tomato, 50 gm sliced mushroom, Whatever veggies you love to eat
Preheat the oven to 250 degree Celsius. Meanwhile, spread the tomato sauce evenly on each pizza base. Mix all the chopped vegetables and seasoning in a bowl. Microwave these vegetables in a microwave-safe bowl for around 30-40 seconds or a minute. Spread these vegetable toppings and cheese on each pizza base. Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes. Cut the delicious pizza into slices and serve with sauces and enjoy!
Looking for an excellent recommendation for an All-purpose microwave oven?
Suppose you are looking for a multipurpose microwave oven as described. In that case, you may check Sharp Grill Convection Microwave Oven R-84A0-ST-V, which has Convection and Grill Functions plus LED Display, 10 Auto Menus and other excellent features.
Check out other microwave oven by SHARP, here.
If you don’t have an issue with space and you are a serious baker, you may check out our electric oven collection. But for a decent level of cooking, baking, and grilling, a multipurpose microwave oven will be your best friend.